Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Kung Fu in the Forest......

O.K. I thought I would share a bit of a nature experience. I was recently at a family reunion and though there were many blogging opportunities that presented themselves(readers of my blog pointed some out to me, requesting a blog entry. Thank you for that! it seems you have all realized I need all the help I can get) I have decided that the sagacious thing to do would be to preserve them in the vault. However, I had to share something from the experience, really it's just that I haven't blogged for a couple of days and wanted to give YOU, the reader something new.(see, contrary to popular belief, it's really all about YOU) so here goes.........

As we were up in the mountains and the "facilities" were a bit unsavory, I decided to sneak away for a moment to alleviate some pressure(ya, those of you that were there didn't notice huh?). Oh boy! that was a relief!! as I was struggling with a zipper, I noticed, and snapped a picture of the following scene across the clearing:

These two little guys were having it out(it so reminded me of my youth). The shocking thing is, I hadn't realized that bears have evolved to walk on their hind legs, I was impressed, until I realized it was to midgets(I mean short people) in tiny little bear suits. If you look closely, you can see the zipper on the one on the tree side. bit of a let down really.

I also learned that bears really do "crap in the woods" but that's another blog entry...........

4 comments:

Sandie's Spot said...

I'm sorry I missed this part of the reunion...

Jodi Leishman said...

I wondered where you took off to.
Thanks for sharing!
Jodi

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing after the fact! That is a great picture!

debra said...

The midget comment wasn't necessary... really, it wasn't.

Nonetheless, it's an amazing picture. So glad you ran away long enough to capture this moment.