Thursday, August 9, 2007

Male Waxing . . . . . . .Oh my!


Having too much body hair is akin to having too little head hair, says Stan Williams, fashion and grooming director of Maxim magazine. "A lot of guys are concerned about it, but it's not something you really talk about."

So let's talk about it.......... As you can see, I have done some investigating on the topic and oh boy, I am not sure how to proceed with this one, I mean, I try to have a family friendly blog and this one is a bit edgey, careful here, I don't want to go over that edge.

Let me start by sharing some quotes:
"Waxing makes up 35% to 40% of the business at Joq Day Spa for Men in Atlanta. "Men are just becoming a lot more conscious of what their body looks like," spa director Christopher Keever says. "They realize you don't need to go around looking like the missing link."

Missing link? get a little fur on your back and all the sudden you are the missing link?

"Even cowboys get the back-hair blues. At Napoleon's for Men, a 2-year-old hot-shave-and-haircut hangout in Boise, guys who are no strangers to reins and rifles will occasionally call and ask whether waxing hurts. "I say, 'You can handle it,' " receptionist Dayna Ross says."

Well Hello, if the cowboys are doing it, we all should. I mean, a guy that sits on a 2,000lb agitated bull holding on with one hand, has a wad of chew in his mouth, a pair of wranglers that are 2 sizes too small, and a old sweaty hat, is really someone that I am going to take personal grooming tips from.

Here's the one that sums it up:
Body hair "makes you a man. It's a maturity thing," says Bates College senior Chris Robinson, 21. "I bet it would be ridiculously painful" to take off. But he could be persuaded: "If a girl asked me, yeah, I would do it."

and that's pretty much it, if your girl asked you to do it you would!!!! So I called for my appointment and was explained my "options" like the SBC and oh man....... we're at the edge now so I will stop there.


NO, I didn't make and appointment, even though I know some of you wished I had. I find a subtle comfort in my fur.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do we get before and after pictures?

Sandie's Spot said...

There is nothing wrong with a little "manscaping"...