Friday, August 17, 2007

Rant


Since I am battling through my bloggers block, I would like to take a moment for a little rant. indulge me here. Why is it soooo d@$# difficult to figure out how to handle a roundabout? Come on folks it's a "Yield" sign not a "Stop" sign. That's the beauty of a roundabout, if no one is coming you don't have to stop. And, Yes we are all brothers and sisters but, that doesn't mean that we can't lay on the horn when you choose to STOP at a roundabout. (see I told you it would be short)

Now, if there are any of you reading this that I have offended, well our friends in Urbandale Iowa have graciously provided you with intstructions on using a roundabout see the following url
http://www.urbandale.org/Streets/roundaboutfolder/roundaboutHowTo.htm

If you find that after reading the How To guide from Urbandale, that you are still a bit confused on the proper proceedure for addressing roundabout, might I suggest you MOVE to Urbandale! They can give you some hands on training.

6 comments:

Jodi Leishman said...

I've never actually struggled with a round about. I believe I have natural "European" insticts. I do however, appreciate the step-by-step guide through the process. I'll keep a few copies handy for those I encounter who can't grasp the concept.

Wendy said...

I totally agree with you! How difficult is it go through a round about? Um...it's not people!!! Thanks for the instructions, I will be passing them out to those who don't understand the concept of round abouts since they are all over Provo. But I had trouble with the URL, so this is the one that brought up the instructions... http://www.urbandale.org/Streets/roundaboutfolder/roundaboutHowTo.htm
Just to help your readers out in case they want the instruction.

Wendy said...

http://www.urbandale.org/Streets/
roundaboutfolder/roundaboutHowTo.htm

Sorry it didn't all fit in the little space provided for my comment. But there you go!

debra said...

DITTO!!! This is so true... I don't have problems, but it seems the majority of the population does and I don't understand why! My pet peeve though is a roundabout that has only 3 entries and people on the straight road think they're allowed to plow through and ignore the Yield sign... very agitating! I just think we live in a place full of Utards! Oops, did I say that?!

debra said...

By the way... how much does one have to pay to have their blog linked on your page?

Maybe you should do it because I'm such a cool person and I have cute kids. Ponder about it...

www.debracarlton.blogspot.com
www.abbybrenna.blogspot.com

The Leishman Family said...

This comment is about your new pole, I don't care how much you vote on it I don't think Rick will be willing to wax your chest, sorry