Monday, November 19, 2007

Time for a Rant

OK, buckle up! I haven't done it in a while and I try not to, as you all know I like to be the "glass is half full" type of a guy. However, I just finished one of "those" weeks, I spent 6 straight days being "trained"(which is debatable) for 12 hours a day in a conference room, 200+ PowerPoint slides, ya, don't do the math, I did it for you, that's over 1,200 slides total. Let's just say it was a loooooong and challenging week for one who borders on having ADD! and leave it at that because I never know who might read this and I would kinda like to stay employed. Now that I think about it, I best just leave it be. Oh, and I love Florida, they have the best conference rooms.....

However, there was a bright spot(I mean besides coming home). Dan Clark was hired to speak to us in the final session, very impressive! (of course anyone with a joke or two and no ppt slides would have been impressive at that point) he as great, very thought provoking, I learned that I don't need to CHANGE, I just need to be more of who I already am! (I am sure many of you can't wait for that to happen) and I am going to be. Really I am. Dan's most poignant idea that really resonated with me was; Contrary to what we are constantly taught, we need to stop trying to think outside the box, because, just maybe .. . . ready? here it comes........ "what if the answers are inside the box" ya think about it. I know I am diving deep here for some of you but that's OK, hang with me.

Anyway that's enough of my rant, if I go on, I will saying something I probaly shouldn't and you will get to the end of this pontification and wonder why, you wasted your time reading this bunk. Well OK, you can do that now!

P.S. just a little side rant, if you are ever in the waiting room of the doctors office and have the urge to pick up your cell phone and call your husband to tell him about the guy that backed into you in the parking lot, you may want to step outside like ALL the other patients were doing. Because, I and everyone else in that room now know the name(for privacy reason I won't give it here, but I do know it) of the man that backed into you, his address,(he lives in Provo, kinda up by my house), his insurance info(he's insured with Progressive, and again I won't post his account # as it was repeated 3 times, very slowly so I could right it down) and that he drives a 2000 Toyota Camry. I sure hope their neighbor Pete gets to look at it and let them know what it will take to get it fixed. Thank goodness the nurse called them back to a room and we could all still hear her as the went down the hall. Ya, I was a littler irritated because it was interupting my reading of my new Dan Clark book!!!!

shoooo, I feel better! don't you?

3 comments:

Jodi Leishman said...

I for one can't wait for you to be more of what you already are. Can we pick which aspects we want more of?

Unknown said...

Well, that's just it, I get to do the picking.

but, hey, you get to do the picking for yourself.

debra said...

I think you need medication.

P.S. Welcome home you almost old man!